If you know what to do, you can organize your child’s birthday party without a lot of stress. This tips below can help parents achieve a stress free birthday party.
1. You need a theme. Let your child’s age be the determining factor in your choice for the correct theme based party. If your child is a year old, you need to come up with a theme that your child will know from his or her daily life. What is your child’s favorite TV show or character. This is a great place to start searching for the appropriate theme. If your child is older than one, just ask them what they want for their party. If your child is having a hard time deciding on a theme, you can suggest some kid themes such as, Harry Potter, Cowboys or Pirate themes. For the girls, you can recommend Fairy or Princess themes. These are always big hits. When you have chosen the theme for the party, continue with the outline listed below. You may also want to have some fundraisers like the fundraisers in Houston, TX. Here, you can generate some money for a cause.
2. Work on your guest list. You can estimate how many people including the kids will be at the party. After the theme, determining the number of attendees is the second most important part of your party planning. Start your list with your immediate family members, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, godparents, etc. Next, your child’s friends and classmates if they are in school. Just knowing the number of people that will be attending the party will give you an idea as to how big the party that you need to prepare for will be.
3. You need to find the perfect venue. If the party will be small, you should consider just having it at your home. However, if there will be many guests attending, you need to find a location that is comfortable for a large crowd. Theme parks and playhouses inside of malls are good locations to consider for a large party. Always try to pick a location that will be convenient for all of the people attending the party especially the children.
4. Set the time for the party. The majority of birthday parties are set in the afternoon when everybody has rested. Remember, the time of the party must also be a time that your guests can attend. The venue will also play apart in the time as well. Parties can also be scheduled earlier before lunchtime or during lunchtime.
5. Complete and send the invitations in advance. It is always a nice touch to make your own motif invitations with the party theme. But if you are not creative, you can get ready made invitations from any craft store. Never forget to send your invitations out early so that attending parents can arrange their schedules accordingly.
6. Next, don’t forget to call the parents of all the kids that you invited. This way you will know just how many people will be attending the party and be able to have the correct preparations for the children that will be coming to the party.
7. Prepare your food list. Make sure the foods at your party are kid-friendly. Of course the size of your food list will depend on the number of guest attending.
8. Make your supplies and decorations lists. Preparing early will make the day of the party go with ease. Try to decorate your venue a day ahead of the party so you will not have to worry about decorating on the day of the party.
9. Finally, create a program to follow on the day of the party. Young children can get bored easily and become unruly. Try to create a program that will be orderly and keep the children busy every minute of the party. Make sure that all of the activities are fun and interactive.