When it comes to pregnancy, there are so many changes which happen in a woman’s body. There are a wide range of hormones which help sustain the pregnancy and after delivery, there is a change in hormones which the body needs to adapt to. One of the tried and tested ways to help a woman go back to being herself, both emotionally and physically is by indulging in a series of post natal massages.
Just as the name implies, this is a massage carried out specifically after a woman gives birth. There are quite a number of benefits of a post natal massage, some of which are;
- Improved blood circulation – Any massage is aimed at increasing blood flow for better blood circulation and better delivery of oxygen on the cellular level. For post natal women, this aids in quicker recovery.
- Sometimes post-partum mothers experience post-partum blues. One way to reduce anxiety, aid in the change of hormones in a woman’s body and relieve stress is through a massage. It is well known that massages helps ease anxiety and increase a feeling of well-being which is important for all post natal women.
- Pain relief – A massage helps relax muscles and relieves pain without use of painkillers. This is a great benefit of post natal massage which helps relieve pain such as backache, neck and shoulder pain which can come with breastfeeding.
- Regulates hormones – During pregnancy, there are high levels of estrogen and progesterone. After delivery, these hormones dip and a massage helps regulate hormones and reduce cortisol in the body which is known to cause stress.
- Regain pre natal body – Tummy wraps done at the end of the massage are sure to help firm up the abdominal walls which helps a woman regain her pre baby body. In addition to this, it also helps improve posture which helps ease strain on the joints.
It is important for all women who have given birth to have post natal massages for improved health and well being.